9.04.2007

More birthday blocks -- lucky me!

I must say, I'm so pleased with myself for picking the perfect theme for my birthday blocks ;) As I mentioned to someone else today, I've been carrying around the idea for a while, and this swap was the perfect opportunity to bring it to reality.

Today's mail brought TWO more great blocks, from Sophie (l) and Christine.

My birthday block from Sophie My birthday block from Christine

Sophie was definitely right -- more stripes were needed, especially when they're used in just the right way, like she did in her block. And Christine picked one of my all-time favorite fabrics for the center of her block (you can't really see it in the photo, so you'll have to trust me on that). Plus, I needed another block that's intensely red to balance Diane's from the other day.

Lucky, lucky me!

No comments: