11.03.2007

Halloween Cactus?


This is my "Halloween Cactus" -- it burst into bloom on October 30 (and today was the first chance I had to photograph it). Almost every stem ends in a bud, waiting to join the fall foliage show.

This isn't the first time this Christmas Cactus has bloomed since I got it in December, but it is the most buds I've seen on it. I moved it to a different window this summer, and it seems very happy there. Since I'm terrible about watering plants (somedays it's hard enough to water myself and the cat!), this is the only plant in the house. It makes me smile to see it all blooming...

Speaking of George, this is out of his reach -- and for good reason. I don't know if HE eats plants, but my mom has had two cats who liked to munch on Christmas Cactus. I'll just say that the leaves don't seem to be particularly digestible... And knowing my George, he'd figure out how to use the plant as a weapon and poke me with it ;)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

I have one of these Cactii too!
Best Wishes
Maggie