11.30.2007

Week #2 Challenge -- FINISHED!

Here's my diptych for the Project Runway Week #2 Challenge. I traded the wool star on the tree for the cute button that says "Believe" (leftover from some other project) -- gives it a little more character and a much-needed darker hue.

The snowman (well, it looks more like a snowgirl to me, with the button snowflakes) has hand embroidery for the eyes, eyebrows and mouth, then I hand tack stitched the cheeks and nose, too. That was more a function of not having the right color of thread for machine buttonhole stitch!

I photographed the pair atop the book the pattern came from... I decided that way I wouldn't forget to tell you source! The pattern is actually for coasters, with an additional layer of felt on the back, but I decided to make ornaments instead. I just have to add a hanger of some kind. But I'm still calling this one finished :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: