7.31.2008

Yum-O

No, I didn't get to spend the day with Rachael Ray... just had a yummy dinner last night ;)

Today was the last day for one of my team members, so a bunch of us from work treated her to a fun dinner last night at a rodizio restaurant. Have you ever been to one? It's an interesting experience (and Ireally don't mean "interesting"!)

Rodizio is a Brazilian specialty, I guess, and it refers to an all-you-can-eat meat extravaganza. It's an experience unto itself... the waiters brought skewer after skewer after skewer of food (which in our case was cooked on skewers over an open flame). They slide a morsel of food off the skewer onto your plate, then move to the next person. They served us chicken, turkey, sirloin, filet, sausage, beef ribs, pork ribs, pork loin, some other cut of beef, ostrich, alligator and cinnamon-crusted pineapple. My biggest issue is that they don't tell you at the outset what they'll be serving... I wanted to know what my options were at the beginning, so I'd know what to eat and how much of it! Way too easy to overeat... Nonetheless, most of what I had was great (the chicken, especially), and it was fun.

For anyone still paying attention, I'm obviously not going to get my 200th post on my birthday. I'll save the giveaway for then, but don't worry, it won't be too long! Good news: my finger *did* trigger, but not all the way, and it didn't last long. Not so good: my back is still a mess (hence, the lack of posts). I see the doc again tomorrow, and we're going to have a little come-to-Jesus on my progress (or lack thereof). Fingers crossed for improvement!

No comments: