11.15.2007

More challenging thoughts...

First, I have to say: the winning garment from last night was lovely, but it didn't seem very fashion-forward to me. Stars have been wearing that flowing Grecian style on the red carpet for many months now. Although I definitely would have made the plaids match on the structured top, I thought it was generally more interesting.

I'm still thinking about how I might approach this challenge. I have an orphan feathered star block that would definitely speak to my traditional side; maybe I'll do something funky with it. I think one of my strengths, actually, is working with color. I love searching out just the right fabrics and combining them in interesting ways. Maybe I can incorporate that idea idea somehow. Hmmmm......

Unfortunately, I have to work during the day Saturday, so Friday night is pretty much my opportunity to tackle this challenge. Wish me luck!

Oh, slightly unrelated note -- Marianne posted this (sort of) self-portrait today on the quilting.about.com forum. This might be one way to show YOUR point of view...
'Self'Portrait (17

No comments: