12.16.2007

Got it!


Whew! I found the instructions I was looking for, where she shows keeping the grafting loose for a couple of inches, then tightening it by hand to match the tension in the knitting. Mine's definitely not perfect, but I was (mostly) able to keep track of the sewing strand this way and make it work.

The wrist is way too long for my taste, and I added a few too many stitches when I lengthened the finger end, but all in all, it *is* functional and it really wasn't hard to make. I think I'll go ahead and knit a matching one, and just cuff the wrists. If the length on the fingers ends up bothering me, I guess I could make another pair ;-) [And maybe figure out how to make the thumbs have a little length, too, since it seems like they would get cold...]
Posted by Picasa

No comments: