7.07.2008

Happy Birthday, Joy


My camera arrived today! (All rejoice, thank you.) At long last, here is my 9" New York Beauty block for birthday girl Joy. I signed up for year 2 of the birthday block swap Kate is hosting on quilting.about.com... it starts this month, and Joy asked for NYB blocks in ocean colors. This is my first NYB block ever... it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself :) Ignore the darker red in the background -- or maybe I should say: get used to it! This is my new pinboard from the other weekend, and highly helpful for beauty shots of single blocks.

My sister picked out two of these fabrics when we were at Quilting Possibilities... the blue dots in the upper right, and the darker spidery one in the lower left. We picked a third, but when I was prepping the block, it looked really green, so I replaced it with the more solid teal. The block is from EQ6, and they call it "Rick Rack."


No comments: