10.18.2008

October block done!

That was fast... I sat down to watch a movie and finished the handwork completely during that time. Yay!

Crazy Quilt Block for Diane

The vertical seam to the left is a whipped backstitch with silk ribbon for the "whipping." The top sort of horizontal seam is just a buttonhole stitch; I stitched it onto the flower fabric, then came back on the little check. The bottom sort of horizontal one has little red grosgrain ribbon just stitched with pink running stitches. I also added the pale blue french knots above the red rickrack, and the button.

The white rickrack... well, in my head, this flipped back onto the block. In reality, that would be two layers of rickrack and six of fabric along that edge, since it's on the seam allowance. Wish I had thought of that first! I'll let Diane tell me if it's OK to leave it as is, or if I should open that edge and remove it. (Oh -- you figured out that my month is February, right?!)

On an unrelated note... I finally broke down and replace the power cord/brick for my laptop. It was a mess, and probably dangerous, since there were frayed, exposed wires. Gee, that was only $118... Now you know why I was avoiding this problem!

1 comment:

black bear cabin said...

i love these little hexagons! i am enjoying everyones interpretation of the months they were assigned...what a fun idea!
yours looks great! :)